Peace of mind, a stress-free recovery, and wonderful memories of your medical vacation – Thailand, Malaysia, Turkey, South Africa, Brazil and other medical destinations – begin here.
Home with my new face! Some of my friends do not notice – think I lost weight…never told them. My friend in San Francisco who works for a cosmetic surgeon inspected me closely and agreed it was super…appears natural. Unsolicited testimonial, Feb ’10.
I would have been lost without my personal medical concierge! So many people in Melbourne were negative about me travelling to Thailand but after I had come back, thrilled with the results, everyone was amazed! Unsolicited testimonial, July ’09.
My husband underwent spinal surgery in Bangkok. We are deeply grateful for the extraordinary care. As far as we’re concerned, Julie and the agency walk on water. Unsolicited testimonial, July ’08.
Do you want plastic surgery with Park Avenue or Harley Street results but not the price tag?
Are you looking for medical treatment without the wait? Or a procedure that’s not available closer to home? Or not as costly?
Since 2003, Cosmetic Surgery Travel has specialized in sourcing and facilitating the world’s finest surgery procedures and medical vacations.
We are not your “typical” medical tourism agent or “facilitator”. Yes, we help you plan your medical procedure. But we also manage your patient care and never leave your side at the medical destination.
We created the role of the Medical Concierge in 2004, to provide personal attention and hand-holding for each client. Many companies now claim to offer this service but sadly, it’s usually a local travel agent or personal friend at the destination.
In our first year of observing and managing patients and doctors in an international health care setting, we began to understand how different the conditions are for an international patient seeking health care abroad. The medical concierge help we were offering, while excellent, was simply not enough to deliver assured quality health care in a foreign hospital and a foreign culture.
We began to provide more support to both the patient and the doctor and, in 2005, we created the role of the International Patient Care Manager. Few other medical tourism companies offer this service for patients. They don’t want the responsibility or the bother – yet they happily charge for it.
Today, in Bangkok, Thailand, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and in other carefully selected medical destinations in Europe, Asia and the Americas, our own experienced, trained patient care managers and medical concierges plan and prepare your medical journey with you and your medical team.
We care for you the best way we know how – like we would if our own mothers, fathers, sons, or daughters were seeking the same medical treatment abroad.
We pioneered international patient care management in medical tourism – care that is intended to give you access to some of the finest medical doctors and surgeons in the world, and to manage your care so you have the best chance of an excellent outcome.
Hospital executives, doctors and medical travel agents have downloaded the publication Care and Management of the International Traveling Patient. Our founder, Julie Munro, has spoken at many conferences and meetings about quality of care for the medical traveler.
Our medical concierge and international patient care services cover:
- Planning. Thorough and detailed preparation by our trained and experienced international patient coordinator includes a medical evaluation and individualized pre-surgery instructions from your plastic surgeon.
- Surgery. Your plastic surgery in Bangkok, Thailand or in Singapore is always in a top, internationally recognized and accredited tertiary care hospital with an experienced, certified anesthesiologist and operating room nursing team who work closely with your plastic surgeon during your surgery.
- Medical team. Your doctor will be a leading surgeon, a specialist with 15 to 20 years of experience. The surgeons we select use current techniques, procedures and equipment. You are encouraged to ask as many detailed questions as you want, and the surgeons will take time to answer them completely. If you are having general anesthesia for surgery, you will meet and be interviewed by the anesthesiologist.All surgeons speak excellent English.
- Medical concierge service and patient management. Most people, whether traveling or staying at home for medical care, are poorly equipped, even in the best of circumstances, to take charge of their own care. A Cosmetic Surgery Travel medical concierge is a professional trained specifically to care for international patients and medical tourists, to ensure they are prepared for surgery and receive the appropriate monitoring and healing opportunities in the post-surgery recovery.
- Recovery. Your immediate post-surgery recovery is monitored by recovery room specialist doctors and nurses. You spend one or two nights in hospital – or longer if you prefer – with access to self-managed pain relief. Once discharged from the hospital, your recovery continues to be supervised by a Registered Nurse and a licensed physician in consultation with our own medical concierge staff and international patient manager.
- VIIP treatment. We leave nothing to chance. Our special Very Important International Patient on-site service takes you from the door of your plane on landing, speeds you through immigration and customs, handles your luggage, and brings you to the hotel we choose for you that is near your hospital. All medical-related transportation is arranged so you are on time to all your appointments and never get lost or have to wait.
- Ongoing care management.Our patient care support begins with your first inquiry and continues through the procedure and finally as you, the patient, are well on your way to recovery and healing, and you are ready to return home. After you return home, our medical support team continues to follow your progress for up to six weeks or longer as required for your continuing good recovery and health. Records and reports are sent as required to the appropriate doctors.
Ask about our surgery travel network. See other quality medical tourism companies at MTQUA, the Medical Travel and Health Tourism Quality Alliance
Cosmetic Surgery Travel and associated companies operate in medical destinations including Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Turkey, South Africa, France, Germany, India, Korea.
Medical professionals are most welcome to refer their patients to us for international patient care management, with assurance they will receive direct personal attention from our experienced, skilled medical and care team.
Choose the best
Here is a Checklist to help you plan for the best treatment abroad you can get.